Yes, it was every bit as horrible as you might expect. Well, as horrible as you might expect if you had the non-existent fore-arm strength that I do. If you looked like someone — anyone — drawn by Arnold Friberg, then you wouldn’t have anything to worry about.
And if you weren’t sure what to expect because of all those weird terms, here’s a mini glossary:
- Double-unders = Jumping rope, where the rope goes under twice for every jump
- WOD = workout of the day
- AMRAP = as many reps and rounds as possible within the specified time
- Handstand pushups = do a vertical pushup while in handstand position
- Hang clean = pulling a barbell with weights from approximately knee-height to your shoulders
- Burpees = those things where you go from a pushup to a standing jump to a pushup, over and over and over again
- Kettlebell swing = swing a kettlebell from between your legs up over your head
What a way to start the day!